Monday, April 27, 2015

Alive! In Concert: Singing and Dancing Along


By Karina Maldonado

I am fortunate enough to say that I have been to many concerts/live events throughout my lifetime.  All of them were memorable experiences but there was one concert that topped the rest.  The concert I am proud to say I experienced was the ‘’On the Run’’ tour with Beyonce and Jay-Z. 

The tour happened last summer around July.  It was my 21st birthday and my mom was gracious enough to give me tickets for my godsister and me.  The concert was at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey. Everyone who knows me knows I am a huge fan of Beyonce.  It was my first time seeing her live and I definitely was not disappointed.  When I went to the stadium, I was surprised to find out that we had exclusive seating at the venue.  We had access to unlimited food and beverages at the concert.  I knew before the concert even started that this was going to be a memorable experience.

At the venue, the performance did not start until and hour and a half after I have arrived.  Even though I did not enjoy waiting for so long, I knew the performers were going to make up for it.  Finally the show had started.  Beyonce and Jay-Z both came out singing one of their old hit singles called ‘’ Bonnie and Clyde.” I know all of their songs so immediately I started singing along. 

Beyonce and Jay took turns singing their own hit singles.  Jay performed all of his best-known rap songs and Beyonce graced the stage with her dance moves and pop ballads.  They both had the same amount of stage time, giving the audience the best of both worlds.  Throughout the whole performance, I was singing and dancing.  At that moment, I’ve never felt so alive.  Whenever I go to a concert, I have the opportunity to forget all my problems and worries and focus on that moment.  It is simply an incredible feeling.

At the end of the show both Jay and Beyonce were on stage and they asked the audience to take out the lights on our cell phones and put it up in the air.  To see all the lights illuminate the night was simply a spectacle. I was surrounded by thousands of strangers but I felt connected with each one of them.  It is difficult to describe.  I do not know any of these strangers but we all have one thing in common.  We all love Beyonce and Jay’s music.  It is funny how much music can bring thousands of people together.
   
When the final note was sung, I was sad the show finished.  The show took approximately two-and-a-half hours but it felt like 30 minutes.  Time does go by faster when having a good time.  Live performances are a great way to escape reality.  I will highly suggest anyone to spend a little bit of money to see your favorite performer live.  You will definitely not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment