Monday, April 20, 2015

A Memorable Side Trip


By Nick Lemoncelli

I interviewed my dad to find out one of his memorable stories. He told me about a recent memory of when he and I went to the Denver Broncos playoff game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado. We were already going on a ski trip two hours away from the stadium. A week before the ski trip the NFL Playoffs had begun. My friend, who was also going on the trip, and I had seen that the Broncos would be playing the Colts while we were there.

I started looking for relatively cheap tickets all over the Internet. Finally, after about two days of searching every ticket website I could find, I found the cheapest tickets that I could. Once my friend told me he still wanted to go I bought three tickets.

While interviewing my dad, he said he still can barely believe that I bought those tickets. When he found out, it took quite a while to convince him it was true. When we got to the stadium there was quite a bit of walking we had to do. We had to park half a mile away and we were in the upper-deck. We sat in the true definition of nose-bleed seats, sitting in the upper-deck at the highest altitude stadium in the country. After about a half hour of walking we finally made it to our seats.

Even though the seats were so high up, the view was very good. When the national anthem was sung and the fighter jet flew over the stadium, we were the closest people to the jet. The Broncos ended up losing a heart breaking loss. They played very poorly offensively and they didn’t play well enough to survive another week.

The reason my dad thinks this is one of his most memorable moments is because he couldn’t believe that I bought those tickets. We had been looking for something we could’ve done on a day off, and that solved our problem. It was a great experience as well to see one of the best NFL stadiums in the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment