Thursday, December 17, 2015

Why I Love Instagram


 By Daniel Wilson


My entire life I have always been in love with photography. To be able to capture a moment, a memory forever is incredible. When I found out about Instagram, I knew that I was going to be using that social media a lot.

Instagram is a
social networking app made for sharing photos and videos from a smartphone. Similar to Facebook or Twitter, everyone who creates an account has a profile and news feed. When you post a photo or video on Instagram, it will be shown on your profile. Just like twitter you have a certain amount of followers and any one of your followers can see and like your photos. 

The reason I love Instagram so much is because you can tell so much about a person by the types of photos they post. You can tell someone’s style, hobbies, and lifestyle by the pictures they post. Another thing I love about Instagram is that you can post just about anything you want. There are people that just post objects and nature and there are people that just post pictures of themselves or other people. 

The first time I started using Instagram was the middle of my freshman year in high school. At first I didn't know what my first picture was going to be of. I didn't know if was going to be of myself or of something else. I finally decided to post a picture of myself because I want people to know that it was my Instagram. 

As years passed I started posting more and more photo on my page. I posted pictures from events, going out, etc. It almost seemed like every weekend I was posting a picture. In a way I was becoming addicted to Instagram. I was following more and more people everyday. As of today I have 1,500 followers and I’m still gaining every day. In the beginning I only followed people that I know or that I know of but eventually I started follow anybody. It’s always interesting to see pictures of different people all over the country and even world. I love to look at different lifestyles and fashions. I love to express my self through photos because some things can’t be explained, they have to be shown. 

Looking at Instagram as a whole it’s crazy to see how much of a impact it has on the world. Pretty much everybody I know has an Instagram and we all communicate to each other through it. Whenever they post a pic I like it and whenever I post one they like it, too. The most amount of likes I ever got on a photo is 224 and that's an accumulation of my friends, non-close friends, and complete strangers. Recently I think I have been using Instagram the most in my life. Whenever I go out or dress up I’m always excited to post a picture. 

I don't think I’ll ever outgrow Instagram because I love posting pictures and I don't think I’ll stop anytime. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat are all cool but Instagram will forever be my favorite media.



Daniel Wilson is a freshman studying Communications Arts at St. Thomas Aquinas College.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment